I do not think it means what you think it means...
So, apparently, Iran is now joining the United Nations fifteen-member committee on the Arms Trade Treaty. In a word: inconceivable! I mean, it's just nutso to put a nation whose very crimes have been arms trade violations on to a council about arms trade. That would be like putting a gross human rights violator, like Syria, onto the Human Rights Council. Oh wait...
It kind of makes me wonder what other inconceivable things could happen using UN logic. It's time for a list:
10. Appointing Cookie Monster to guard the international cookie reserve.
9. Using Somali pirates to patrol the Somali coastline, in order to protect merchant shipping.
8. Electing David Duke as president of the NAACP.
7. Making Reverend Jeremiah Wright an Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.
6. Appointing Bernie Madoff as head of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
5. Electing Bill Maher as Chairman of the RNC.
4. Bringing a knife to a gun fight.
3. Getting into a land war in Asia.
2. Going in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.
1. Giving the nuclear football to Joe Biden.
Man, this list was easy. There are virtually billions of inconceivable things that are probably still more conceivable than putting Iran on an arms trade committee or Syria on a human rights council. Except giving Biden the football. Even the UN wouldn't do that.
Just for fun, list some of your own in the comments below.