• So the elephant in the room here at Nuking Politics is that I've not been writing much lately. Not even keeping up with my tactical nukes. Well, in the spirit of the Obama Campaign Excuse Factory, I have come up with some pretty valid excuses as to why this is:
- Too busy.
- NetFlix now has the Adventures of Fat Albert.
- The temperature dropped outside.
- I misplaced my magic handkerchief.
- I was locked in a staring contest with my computer. For days.
- My wife she
- I was paid off by the Mob to stop writing for a few days.
- I thought I had won the Powerball, but realized that was my dry cleaning ticket.
- There was an earthquake. Somewhere. Probably.
- I blame Walkingdead.
• So they are calling this Libyan embassy thing "Benghazi-gate" now. When will they stop calling every little thing "-gate"?
I mean, Watergate was the name of the hotel where a pretty huge scandal occurred. The -gate suffix is dumb to begin with, but if you gotta use it, at least apply it to things that are as big or bigger than Watergate. Ten years from now, nobody will care about Benghazi-gate. People will still know what Watergate was. Sort of.
• Instead of watching tonight's debate on Fox, I think I will watch it on MSNBC. You know, for the lulz.
Seriously, watching lefties react to their guy getting stomped is like the modern equivalent of Conan's "to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women". Because Rachel Maddow will probably do some lamenting. Or lamentating. Or lamentationing. Or maybe lamenating. I dunno how that word goes.
Well, at least Crissy Tingles should be fun to watch. Like a shuttle launch, but more explosive. And with tears.
• Seriously, I am psyched for tonight's debate. I was actually psyched for the last debate. This is really strange. I've never cared that much for debates. But something told me the last one would be fun. After that beat down, waiting for tonight's debate is like the anticipation of watching Holyfield Tyson II all over again.
I just hope there is no ear-biting in this one.
• Carry on.