• It is tragic what happened in D.C. today, and I am not talking about the fact that our government didn't all just quit. I mean the crazy woman that was trying to ram barricades with her car, and the fact that the D.C. police and Secret Service felt the need to gun her down. Overreact much?
But I couldn't help but wonder...how long will it take the Democrats to suggest that her going off the handle like that was due to her being frustrated with the government shutdown, and it is all the Republicans' fault?
Don't let any crises/tragedy go to waste, right Barry?
• Oh wait, Charlie Rangel already did. I don't feel as bad now for bringing up the possibility. Because, well, at this point, we all know what to expect out of Democrats.
• Some folks got a little upset about the President saying that the Republicans were "holding a gun to the head of the American People" or some such nonsense.
Jay Carney was quick to defend the President for saying that, as he would also be quick to defend the President if he were to say something like, oh I dunno, "Allah is great, death to America!". I'm sure old Carney, the carny that he is would have some
• The real question is, could Carney defend Obama if he had said that after chewing a pop tart into the shape of a gun? Not sure...
• The government shutdown the memorials and cemeteries at the Normandy beaches in France. Whooped dee doo.
I am sure if our vets could storm those beaches packed with Nazis and win, they can sure as heck storm whatever flimsy barricades guarded by government wimps that are making sure these memorials are "closed"
Kinda like they did at the WWII Memorial in D.C. the other day.
• Carry on.